Miracle treatment for dry under eye skin!

, , No Comments
Hello, again, everyone! I want to talk to you today about something that has really changed my skin recently, specifically the skin underneath my eyes which, for me, has been a real problem, especially over the past year. As I've mentioned before, my skin has just been getting really, really dry and one of the areas that just has not responded to any treatment has been my under-eye area and that's a problem because, as you know, if you have dry skin around your eyes, then your concealer's going to stick to it and it's really unpleasant to look at. It's also uncomfortable. 


Argan oil has made a difference

You know, this goes back to my whole "I'm not using powder" thing. Part of the reason is because the skin gets so dry that any amount of powder just turns it into alligator scales. So, it's a problem. So, I got a sample of the Josie Maran argan oil in a MyGlam Bag, I think in January, so, just last month and I started using this under my eyes and it made such an amazing difference within even just a week. It made such a difference -- I can't even believe, honestly, because I've used a lot of different products under my eyes. 

I've used Aquaphor every night, I've used different skin care oils and nothing has made as big of a difference for me as this has. These little guys retail, I think, for $14 and if you're just using it as an eye treatment, it'll last quite a while. They recommend that you use it for your cuticles, your hair, your body, whatever. I'm personally not inclined to go buy an expensive skin care oil for something like cuticles because a cheaper one like grape seed oil will do just fine. I'm sure this is wonderful for cuticles, but I'm not going to ... it's expensive stuff. 

How to Apply Argan oil

So, all I do is wash my face. I do my toner and my toner's for dry skin, so I bring it up under my eyes and then I use one drop on my fingers and then just dot that--I get it right up in here because I get little, tiny creases up in here and I wanted to really moisturize that area and get it to relax a bit. And it has. It's made a very visible difference, I think. I tried to get some before and after pictures for you guys, but my skin is so shiny and so translucent, it's really hard to photograph that close. You just end up seeing all my blood vessels and stuff, so I'm going to spare you. 

But, you can take my word for it. If you have dry skin under your eyes and if you've been struggling, trying to find something that will keep it from looking flakey under your concealer, I would definitely recommend picking up argan oil. Like I said these are $14 and it's not the Josie Maran brand necessarily that you need to get. I've never used a different type of argan oil, but it's not like this is the only brand of it. 

You can find ingredient suppliers who sell skin care oils and buy argan oil that way and I'm sure it's a lot cheaper. Or you can just go to Sephora and buy one of these guys. Either way. And also, I don't want to say that there's no other skin care oil that can do what argan oil is doing -- for me, at least. There are a lot of different skin care oils. They all work very well for different things and for different people. 




Why I'm recommending this specific oil?

I've used grapeseed oil under my eyes, which is a nice oil, and I really, really like it, but it wasn't doing what argan oil was doing for me. That's not to say that there's another oil that wouldn't do the same thing that argan oil's doing for me, but over the past month, I've been using the argan oil and it's been making a huge difference. But, if you don't want to purchase the argan oil, if it's not available near you, you can try a different kind of skin care oil.

Comedogenic Oils

I would be careful. I'm going to talk about comedogenic oils in another article-- comedogenic meaning the types of oils that are pore-clogging -- but in this article, I'm just going to say that for really dry under-eye skin, using a skin care oil and, in this case, argan oil, has made a huge difference for me. 

Thank you, guys, very much for watching. If you have any questions, let me know, and have a wonderful day. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment